Your workplace has a first-aid kit. Your house has a fire extinguisher. You keep a nail kit in your purse. Whether it’s a cut, a fire or a broken nail, it’s no secret that people like to be prepared to face any unexpected situation. But what about your hair? Do you keep an emergency hair kit in your purse or car?
Think about it. There are a million reasons why you would need to change your look on short notice. For example, you decide to stop at the gym on your way home from work. You wore your hair down that day, and now you can’t find anything to hold it back while you work out. Or, let’s say you decide to go out for drinks with some coworkers after a long day at work. Your messy ponytail isn’t really cutting it. Or, worse yet, you are traveling and have an unexpected delay and the airline lost your luggage. Would your hair look good the next morning with nothing to style it?
Chances are probably not. However, the good news is making an emergency hair kit is quick and easy and you won’t have to worry about what to do with your hair in a pinch.
So grab a small zippered bag and start packing! We’ve created a list of helpful items to get you started.
- Bobby pins/elastic hair ties: You never know when you will need to put your hair up or pin it back. If you need a quick fix to disorderly hair, or didn’t have time to shower, accessories to put your hair up are crucial.
- Travel-Size Hair Products: Need a quick spritz of hair spray, or want to wash your hair on the go? Travel sized hair products make keeping your hair clean and styled a breeze. And now you have a use for all those hotel samples you’ve been saving over the years.
- A collapsible brush or comb: Tangled hair can be a nightmare. Keep a folding brush, or small comb handy to tame your mane anytime.
- Universal Accessory: Going out last minute? Keep a neutral hair accessory, like a sparkly black headband or barrette, within close reach so you can easily add some pizazz to any hairstyle on a moment’s notice.
- Mini Styling Tools: Lots of top hair-styling companies, like Conair and Bed Head, sell miniature versions of straighteners and curling irons. These pint-sized devices make styling your hair on the go quick and easy. And, the compact designs save serious space!